Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default ceiling fan reverse module / latching relay...

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 22 Jul 2020 20:19:45 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I plan to mount a ceiling fan on a high vaulted ceiling. Problem is that I will have no practical way to reach the motor housing to reverse the direction. What I want to do is replace the direction switch with a latching relay that I can cause the flip-flop from a remote switch, either controlled wireless or maybe with bell-wire or something similar.

Is this for the summer or the winter? In the summer, won't you be
blowing the hot air from near the ceiling down to the where the people
are, replacing cooler air that was next to them, no matter which
direction the fan is turning?

Anyone know of a project like this that has been posted on-line ?
Anyone ever done this or seen it done or know how to do it ?

Thanks