Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Ethernet link

On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 12:13:23 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

WiFi extenders ideally need to be placed where they can both "see" the
original network well, and also cover the area they are extending to
wifi to. So the ideal point often being somewhere around midway between
locations. So for this application, in the middle of the adjacent
neighbour's house!

When I pit forward the "on top of a post in the gardens" suggestion, I was mentally seeing the extender actually being used more as an access point and have a cable in the house, at least at one property. (The ones I have all have an ethernet port as well as aerials.)