Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ethernet link

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 01:57:14 -0700 (PDT), polygonum_on_google wrote:

It is line of sight. In one direction, any spill past would have no
impact. In the other direction, I think it could only possibly affect a
small number of premises.

Do ham operators use 5 GHz?

There is an allocation 5.65 GHz to 5.85 GHz, wether there is anybody
there is another matter, given the limited range. Mind you you I
don't know what the power limit is, I suspect it'll be somewhat more
than the 100 or so mW allowed by "unlicensed" domestic WiFi kit and
the use of high gain antennas.

Amateurs have allocations right up to 241 GHz, if you want to go
above 275 GHz you have to get a Notice Of Variation for your licence.

--
Cheers
Dave.