Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Ethernet link

On Tuesday, 21 July 2020 20:30:39 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 21 July 2020 20:17:02 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
And you can't run a cable over the next-door neighbour?

Probably can.
Not sure if I have permission to run it over their land.

I think you're allowed to if you ask them :-)

Owain

Or mole it under their land and they might never know.

Though always the risk they'll cut through it somehow.

I suspect that if you put one device on a pole in each garden, high enough to get over any fences, etc., it would be just fine. So that gives an approach to aim for - each extra compromise reducing signal strength (effectively speed/reliability) a bit further.