Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT rant - rubble sacks

On Tuesday, 21 July 2020 15:56:14 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 21/07/2020 13:53, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

You will also be lucky to have your local tip accept builders rubble without
a charge. they are very hot on it around here.
Brian

My local tip is free for domestic quantities of rubble.

The tip is privately run, on behalf of the council, and many previous
rules in past years have been relaxed.

There is a web cam showing the queues so that you can check before
setting off and they have "recycle" shop. Items such as bikes are sent
on to a local work experience charity for refurbishment etc.

You'll be lucky to get in at all. I saw zero cars get in in 45 minutes. But they're nominally open!

NT