Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT rant - rubble sacks

About a month into lockdown I did some DIY and used 2 very thick rubble
sacks for the results of the destruction.

They have been sitting in the garden untouched since but today I though
it may be a good idea to dispose of them the local tip. The bags looked
intact before I tried to lift them but then they turned into that kind
of confetti once seen with the carrier bags supplied by Tesco. Obviously
the UV had got to them but very thick rubble bags left in the sun for a
couple of months should have lasted a bit longer!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2020 10:15, alan_m wrote:

About a month into lockdown I did some DIY and used 2 very thick rubble
sacks for the results of the destruction.

They have been sitting in the garden untouched since but today I though
it may be a good idea to dispose of them the local tip. The bags looked
intact before I tried to lift them but then they turned into that kind
of confetti once seen with the carrier bags supplied by Tesco. Obviously
the UV had got to them but very thick rubble bags left in the sun for a
couple of months should have lasted a bit longer!

Excellent bio degradable bags.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2020 10:42, Muddymike wrote:
On 21/07/2020 10:15, alan_m wrote:

About a month into lockdown I did some DIY and used 2 very thick
rubble sacks for the results of the destruction.

They have been sitting in the garden untouched since but today I
though it may be a good idea to dispose of them the local tip. The
bags looked intact before I tried to lift them but then they turned
into that kind of confetti once seen with the carrier bags supplied by
Tesco. Obviously the UV had got to them but very thick rubble bags
left in the sun for a couple of months should have lasted a bit longer!

Excellent bio degradable bags.

I'm not sure if bio-degradable is the correct term as probably the
plastic just breaks down into smaller bits as it becomes more brittle
(as it has done in this case) ultimately turning into plastic
micro-beads or nano particles that are doing so much environmental damage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2020 13:53, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
You will also be lucky to have your local tip accept builders rubble without
a charge. they are very hot on it around here.
Brian

My local tip is free for domestic quantities of rubble.

The tip is privately run, on behalf of the council, and many previous
rules in past years have been relaxed.

There is a web cam showing the queues so that you can check before
setting off and they have "recycle" shop. Items such as bikes are sent
on to a local work experience charity for refurbishment etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 21 July 2020 15:56:14 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 21/07/2020 13:53, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

You will also be lucky to have your local tip accept builders rubble without
a charge. they are very hot on it around here.
Brian

My local tip is free for domestic quantities of rubble.

The tip is privately run, on behalf of the council, and many previous
rules in past years have been relaxed.

There is a web cam showing the queues so that you can check before
setting off and they have "recycle" shop. Items such as bikes are sent
on to a local work experience charity for refurbishment etc.

You'll be lucky to get in at all. I saw zero cars get in in 45 minutes. But they're nominally open!

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Round here rubble is still free to dispose and they even take plaster and PB, as long as it is separated, which some LAs will not accept.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky Wrote in message:
Round here rubble is still free to dispose and they even take plaster and PB, as long as it is separated, which some LAs will not accept.

Richard

Many businesses advertise "free tip for clean hardcore" as they
(of course) crush it & sell it for hardcore, no doubt there's
some recycling "incentive" they tap into to sweeten the deal but
councils (bless em) CBA to wake up to that so try to shaft the
people that have *already bloody paid through the bloody nose* to
setup & operate the tips....
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , alan_m
writes
On 21/07/2020 13:53, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
You will also be lucky to have your local tip accept builders rubble without
a charge. they are very hot on it around here.
Brian

My local tip is free for domestic quantities of rubble.

The tip is privately run, on behalf of the council, and many previous
rules in past years have been relaxed.

There is a web cam showing the queues so that you can check before
setting off and they have "recycle" shop. Items such as bikes are sent
on to a local work experience charity for refurbishment etc.

Ours charges. Currently operating Odd and Even days based on vehicle reg
to keep queues down.
--
bert

Rubble sacks GB UK diy 8 July 14th 16 10:17 PM
Clear / translucent h/d rubble sacks from where please? T i m UK diy 4 February 3rd 12 10:26 AM
rubble sacks Tom UK diy 7 May 15th 09 08:40 PM
How to achieve sidewalk color with Basalite brand 80# sacks of concretemix? Major Debacle Home Repair 3 April 22nd 09 04:51 PM
OT. Rubble Sacks The Medway Handyman UK diy 18 January 10th 08 07:38 PM