Doug Miller

Default Good Deal on a Ladder

In article , "jeffc" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "jeffc"

wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...

And do you *really* imagine that a $99 made-in-Communist-China ladder

is
truly equivalent to a made-in-USA ladder priced at three to four times
that? You can't seriously believe that the quality is the same, can

you?

Sure, it's possible. Like I said, sometimes there are patents that run

out,
driving the price down.

I think you missed the part about made in Communist China versus made in

the
United States. Do you *really* believe that the quality is the *same*? Or

do
you suppose that maybe, just maybe, you get what you pay for?

Likewise, you seem not to have listened to what I said. No, you do not
always get what you pay for. Sometimes you do. Sometimes things are
horribly overpriced for no good reason other than the fact that people
assume a higher priced item is "better".

OK, one more time, and then I'm done. The issue is not whether a higher-priced
item is somehow automatically better than a lower-priced similar article. In
the case under discussion, the lower-priced article is manufactured in a
country well-known for producing low-priced articles of vastly lower quality.
The point is that the low price, in this case at least, is overwhelmingly
likely to go hand-in-hand with greatly diminished quality. If you want to
climb up a ladder made in Communist China, be my guest. I prefer to trust my
safety to something that was made by workers in a capitalist economy.