Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Science Museum

On 20/07/2020 18:50, Tim+ wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 20/07/2020 17:53, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 16:48:35 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

As a child who lived in London, I went to the Science Museum at least
once a year. I loved pushing the buttons and turning the wheels to see
what the exhibits did.

snip

Sounds like you would have loved Techniquest then:

https://www.techniquest.org/about-us...ience-capital/

We took daughter there whilst on one of our family motorcycle touring
holidays and she loved it.

It was her idea as they had done something on it in primary school.

Cheers, T i m

Thanks for that info - I hadn't heard of it. On my next visit to Wales
I'll have a look if it has been opened.

Nah. You want a proper mans museum. ;-)

https://www.internalfire.com

Closed due to Covid at the moment but a brilliant museum where they run the
engines.

Tim

I wonder why Wales keeps these things so quiet! I have some good friends
who have lived in Ceredigion for years, and I have visited them there
many times, but have never heard of this museum.

I was lucky enough to visit The Brighton and Hove (British) Engineerium
a few times on "steam" days. An amazing place and it's such a shame that
it close, although I hope it will reopen again before too long.

--
Jeff