Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dismantling a Bosch hedge trimmer

On 20/07/2020 16:21, Another John wrote:
Does anyone know how to dismantle a Bosch hedge trimmer?

I have an AHS 55-26 trimmer -- a superb machine. However it stopped
working the other day - dead as a dodo (and no traumas such as being
dropped). I've had it 3 years; it gets pretty heavy use.

Funny thing was, when I plugged it in to try it again 2 days ago, it
started up fine. I went to the hedge, started cutting, and a minute
later it stopped dead again (btw: the cutters are _not_ jammed).

I decided that maybe the brushes need replacing, so set about taking it
apart. (I have an exploded view from a spare parts dealer's site)

It's looking impossible, so far, without dismantling every single
component of it. And in any case I'm now stymied by a circlip which is
holding the cutter assembly in place.

I will ask a mate if he has circlip pliers (?), but meanwhile: has
anyone here done this? Is there "an easier way" to get at the brushes
(which I can almost see through the vents).

It's extremely frustrating: as I said, a superb tool, rather expensive,
and buggered because of (probably) a tiny electrical fault. It is
almost as though Bosch build in this wastage: I had exactly the same
thing happen to me on my previous trimmer, which was exactly the same
model, and was also 3 years old at the time. The remedy then was to buy
_this_ one :-(

Cheers
John

Friend of mine brought the power unit from his lawnmower over as it
exhibited these symptoms. He had cut the cable and never noticed/...

let them."