Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Science Museum

As a child who lived in London, I went to the Science Museum at least
once a year. I loved pushing the buttons and turning the wheels to see
what the exhibits did. About 10 years ago I went back for the first time
in 40 or 50 years, and was very disappointed. Most of the displays were
static - there were few buttons, wheels, or levers. I couldn't see how
these displays were meant to stimulate a child's imagination. Maybe it
has changed in the interim; has anyone been there recently?

--

Jeff

On 20/07/2020 15:38, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I'd imagine so as they are getting ready to open again and no doubt want to
peak folks interest. Its a great place to spend an afternoon assuming social
distancing dooes not impinge on the experience. Its wonderful for children,
and they change it around quite a lot so its never the same. Some of the old
favourites spring up though like the impossible sized room.
Optical illusions are always fun.
Brian