Posted to alt.home.repair

Default School Opening -- The King has spoken

On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 05:19:07 +1000, "Joshua Snow"
wrote:

"Bob F" wrote in message
On 7/17/2020 3:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Wow, the White House is blocking the CDC from testifying about school
openings. Forget science, just listen to the President, he knows best.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ongress-367935
The White House is blocking CDC officials from testifying next week at a
hearing on reopening schools, the House Education and Labor Committee
told POLITICO on Friday.

Separately, the CDC confirmed that more guidance for opening schools
won't be released until later this month.

Committee Chair Bobby Scott had invited CDC Director Robert Redfield, or
a designee, to testify before the Early Childhood, Elementary and
Secondary Education Subcommittee on July 23 at a hearing on safely
reopening schools.

"
As school districts around the United States debate when and how to reopen
schools, a large new study from South Korea offers a note of caution. It
found that children between the ages of 10 and 19 can spread the virus at
least as well as adults do, suggesting that middle and high schools in
particular may seed new clusters of infection.

Children younger than 10 transmit to others much less often, the study
found, although the risk is not zero. That is consistent with what many
other studies have reported.

Several experts said that the study was carefully done and that the
results suggested schools should have concrete plans in place for dealing
with outbreaks before reopening.

€œI fear that there has been this sense that kids just wont get infected
or dont get infected in the same way as adults and that, therefore, theyre
almost like a bubbled population,€ said Michael Osterholm, an infectious
diseases expert at the University of Minnesota.

€œThere will be transmission,€ Dr. Osterholm said. €œWhat we have to do is
accept that now and include that in our plans.€

We know that there is transmission, 165 positives in one of our schools
and Israel has had a much worse result in their schools now.

Add to that, a whole lot of states are still living with busing orders
left over from 50 years ago and the kids in schools are not even
grouped by neighborhoods. One outbreak in a government desegregated
school will quickly spread out across the county on crowded school
buses.
I can't think of a better way to distribute a virus.