Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default School Opening -- The King has spoken

On 7/17/2020 7:33 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 19:16:46 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/17/2020 6:22 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 16:31:23 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, July 17, 2020 at 6:51:53 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Wow, the White House is blocking the CDC from testifying about school
openings. Forget science, just listen to the President, he knows best.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ongress-367935

The White House is blocking CDC officials from testifying next week at a
hearing on reopening schools, the House Education and Labor Committee
told POLITICO on Friday.

Separately, the CDC confirmed that more guidance for opening schools
won't be released until later this month.

Committee Chair Bobby Scott had invited CDC Director Robert Redfield, or
a designee, to testify before the Early Childhood, Elementary and
Secondary Education Subcommittee on July 23 at a hearing on safely
reopening schools.

It's quite amazing. It's as if Trump wants to be impeached again before
the election. Sadly the Trumpets will say nothing is wrong here either,
screw Congress, all hail Trump!

I saw Fachi on TV tonight and it sounded like he was advocating
opening the schools too but I really wasn't paying that much
attention. The messages are too mixed and inconsistent about kids and
Covid to take any of them seriously. It seems that NIH and WHO are
saying the danger with kids is very low but I assume you can wait a
minute and that may not be true.

Opening schools when we are in an extreme covid explosion is insanity.
Even after getting it under good control in Israel, opening schools blew
it up again.

I don't really have a dog in that fight. My kids taught their kids at
home for years in "virtual school", essentially what they want to do
now. State program, administered on line.

(Not to be confused with the people who teach their kids Jesus had a
pet dinosaur) ;-)

They sent their kids back to the brick and mortar las year, mostly for
socialization. Now they are home again. No huge shock, excerpt for the
kids, who liked being with other kids.

So it's just wonderful if they blow up the pandemic all around you?