Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What's your game changer?

"John Grossbohlin" on Thu, 16
Jul 2020 01:02:47 -0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .

Being dedicated to doing things with hand tools (mostly because I
lack space or money for much in the way of power tools) I early on
came to an understanding why it is called wood _work_ and why power
tools were invented.. Ripping one board with a hand saw is "cool" as
an exercise. Ripping a bunch - that's why power tools were invented.

Yup... ripping a bunch is why I got the power feeder.

B-)

Power tools as "apprentice" - "you, feed these boards into the
saw."

But as I said when I started tech school, and we shifted from
manual machines to CNC "think of it as a really dumb apprentice who
does exactly what he's told, even if it is wrong."
(I had a 'neat' modern art piece resulting from some one making a
lateral move and a downward one, and it plowed into the aluminum block
a ways before breaking the tool off.)

--
pyotr filipivich