Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hul Tytus Hul Tytus is offline

Default belt size

Thanks Leon. That should answer the question.

Hul

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 15:43:19 +0000 (UTC)
Hul Tytus wrote:

I checked mcmaster. They had only the large v belts, unfortunantly. The
small belts (those on the 9/20 lathes are 3/16 in. wide for 3/4 hp) apparantly
are made only by Gates and they have calculator for figuring belt size but
it requires some learning. I was hoping for someone with a Chinese 12/36 lathe
and 1.5 hp motor who might check the belt size.

You can look yourself. Grizzly has decent manuals and that lathe:

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Gri...ed-Lathe/G4003

Seems it uses a 2hp single phase motor and "V-Belt A29"

Parts manual is here, pdf page 15:

https://cdn0.grizzly.com/partslists/g4003_pl.pdf

--
Leon Fisk