Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default electric garage shutter gubbed

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
OK who was the smart arse who said electric garage shutters were
great...after about a year mine has broken down....went up about two
feet then reversed and shut.....tried it again went up about two inches
then went back down...is this a common fault ?

Have you checked the tracks are clean ? A spray with some lubricant may not
be a bad idea. I assume it wasnt used much during the lockdown, it may
well have gummed up. A bit of lube and a few manual open / close cycles may
help.

(I assume you have a handle to wind it open by hand.)

--
https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact...an-trafficking