Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hul Tytus Hul Tytus is offline

Default belt size

I checked mcmaster. They had only the large v belts, unfortunantly. The
small belts (those on the 9/20 lathes are 3/16 in. wide for 3/4 hp) apparantly
are made only by Gates and they have calculator for figuring belt size but
it requires some learning. I was hoping for someone with a Chinese 12/36 lathe
and 1.5 hp motor who might check the belt size.

Hul

Ned Simmons wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 15:10:04 +0000 (UTC), Hul Tytus
wrote:

Is the 4L you mentioned one of the smaller types? Also, any idea
of who makes them?

Hul

Snag wrote:
On 7/13/2020 3:55 PM, Hul Tytus wrote:
Does anyone know which of the small v belts would be used with
a 1.5 hp 1700 rpm motor? My 9/20 lathe with a 3/4 horse power
motor uses one with a width of approximately 1/4 inch. Next size
up for 1.5 hp?

Hul

I'd go with a 4L belt , IIRC it's about 7/16" wide at the top .
--
Snag
Illegitimi non

https://www.mcmaster.com/v-belts