Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default electric garage shutter gubbed

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/07/2020 12:08, Paul wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
OK who was the smart arse who said electric garage shutters were
great...after about a year mine has broken down....went up about two
feet then reversed and shut.....tried it again went up about two
inches then went back down...is this a common fault ?

What's the install warranty like on this puppy ?

That's part of the garage door experience, is getting
the twit back who installed it, to fix it right.

The thing has sensors. Like sensing when the motor is
drawing too much current, then reversing the direction
of motion to relieve the pressure. That's so if someone
gets stuck or pinned by the device, it automatically
does the right thing.

Paul

phoned him and he is coming out soon...no idea about warranty but
knowing my luck I will be one day over it.....I can understand it
reversing when it is coming down but going up ? .....

The wording here isn't too concerned with direction.

https://support.chamberlaingroup.com...-1484145517136

And apparently, the "thing" that's doing that to your door,
is adjustable. The sensitivity can be adjusted.

Paul