Oceans 2K

Default Good Deal on a Ladder

I saw a TV-piece on how there were only a handful of ladder manufacturers
left in the US....and they are slowly closing up shop. At some point not
too far off, there will be none.

In the late 90's, my out-of-college job was to transfer manufacturing to low
cost countries. I worked (and still do) for Fortune 5 company. My new job
within the company is transferring it back here due to the astronomical cost
of cleaning up the quality issues these exact same projects produced. We
are talking tens-of-millions of dollars of clean up.

Don't worry, it will all come full circle very soon. If you can, buy
American.

Oh, and stay out of HD and Loewes. Support your local
Industrial/Electrical/Plumbing supply houses.

TC

"CBHVAC" same @as.it.was.com wrote in message

"CecilWilliams" wrote in message
m...
I just bought a Werner MT-17 Multiladder at Costco - it appears to be
exactly the same as the Little Giant Model 17 ladder, which I've seen
on TV. The price for this Werner MT-17 is $219 all over the internet,
but Costco for some reason is selling them today (first time I've seen
them there) for $99... That's the tool bargain of the year, near as I
can tell. I've been outside in the yard playing on this ladder,
setting it up in all the different positions as on the TV infomercial
for the Little Giant, and I am loving it already. I'm going to sell my
two other regular extension ladders and pick up one more of these
Werner's - perhaps a taller MT-22 or MT-26 if I can find another good
deal on one!

One Caveat - the $99 Werner is made in China, and the equivalent
Little Giant model 17 is made in the USA (and is priced accordingly at
$275-$450)

- Cecil

Made in China? Buy all you want..hell, buy 10....
I have Davidsons, and Werners..all made here in the States, and I sure as
hell wont trust a made in China ladder when I am 45 feet up..
Cost isnt an object when your noggin is on the line...if your stupid

enough
to buy something that sounds so obviously cheap, and I dont mean in

monetary
value cheap, that you will be on, that might just fold up on you...then
perhaps you need to buy quite a few and use them often.