Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pimpom Pimpom is offline

Default RS Flip Flop

On 7/14/2020 1:39 PM, wrote:
Please comrades I want to find out when a SET states and a RESET state are obtained in an RS flip flop.
The Net has been confusing me with conflicting facts but l know this learned and honored group will settle it for me as you always do
is the state determined by the S (SET) input or the Q output? Is the criteria the same for both the NOR and NAND gates?
Thank you

In electronics, as in most things, the output is determined by
the input. In its basic form, S (SET) makes the Q output go high.
R (RESET) makes the output return to the way it was before, that
is, it resets the state of the output.

This type of question is best asked in sci.electronics.basics