Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Protective gear for medical workers begins to run low again

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:19:13 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 09:15:38 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 1:09:06 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 13:41:03 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 17:31:51 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 13:37:24 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, July 10, 2020 at 3:23:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 10:38:13 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Trump has made almost everything about Trump, not me.

Now who is the gullible one? I have no problem ignoring him. You seem
to hang on his every word.

Maybe that's the problem, you choose to ignore it. How did that work out
for the German people in the 30s? Or even here in America, when many like
you ignored what he was saying and doing and elected him president anyway
and we have had nothing but a **** show? I prefer to be an informed voter,
it works much better that way.

Like you, I prefer to be an informed voter, but maybe there's something to
be said for the Muggles/Fretwell approach. Life is easier when you can just
sit on the porch swing or the golf cart, fat, dumb, and happy.

A truly informed voter couldn't vote for either of those bozos. I know
you will hold your nose and vote for bi bi biden but I wouldn't brag
about it.

I won't be holding my nose. Biden is qualified for the job. Trump is not.

Same here. I disagree with Biden and the Democrats on a lot of policy,
but it's not about policy anymore. It's about a really bad experiment
that's gone terribly wrong. The Trumpets insisted that no other GOP
candidate was any good, it had to be Trump. They assured us that he was
mentally fit, not only competent, but a great businessman who would bring
all the skills of a successful CEO to work for America.

Did you see that Trump floated the idea of selling Puerto Rico because it
was so damaged by that hurricane? I guess that's the flip side of trying to
buy Greenland.

No, I didn't. I presume that was back right after the hurricane?
Doesn't surprise me though. Did you see how there was little reaction
to all that totally screwy BS Trump told to Telemundo that we were talking
about? That's how low Trump has taken the office. He spews forth really
bizarre, crazy, stupid things and the media and country hardly notice
anymore. The WH does cleanup, simply ignoring what Trump actually said
and pretending nothing was amiss, claiming Trump didn't say anything different
or unusual at all. Everyone has become numb to it. If any other, normal,
sane president had done that, there would have been a huge uproar and
it would have gone on for days. With Trump, Americans and the world have come
to accept him as a crazy, incompetent buffoon that should be mostly ignored.
In fact that's what Fretwell told us the other day, that he just ignores him.
And Trump ignores Covid and most of his other duties.

With what Trump said to Telemundo, I think Pelosi and Schumer blew it too.
They should have come out the next morning, ignored the WH cleanup and
said that they welcome Trump's new position, welcome that he now wants
to give citizenship to DACA. Pelosi should have said that she can
guarantee that the House will pass a path to citizenship for DACA bill
and Schumer should have said the Democrats in the Senate will support it
too. That would put the focus back on Trump and his Telemundo BS and
give the rest of the Republicans grief on the issue too.

Instead we got
a deranged, evil, orange clown and one **** show after another. He
won't listen to anyone, won't learn, won't learn from his mistakes.
He can't handle Covid, he's screwed that totally, how about the next
screw up is a nuclear war?

I don't see much cooperation lately with NK. I wonder how the KJU love
affair is going? Satellite photos have recently shown that they're still
working on something.

I think they are still working on everything. Nothing has stopped, just
some testing. The nuclear testing had advanced over many years, the last
test was big, so they have working warheads and testing is not as critical
now. ICBMs they are continuing to develop, they have just held off testing
and I would expect that a new test is coming before long, maybe before
the election.

Beyond that, the GOP needs to suffer an epic defeat, at all levels, to
totally repudiate what they have done. Otherwise, having paid no price
for their enabling Trump, they will just keep doing the same stupid things.
We tried everything else to bring them to reason, this is the only
option left. In decades of voting, prior to Trump, I only voted for a
few Democrats and only at the local level. One guy I knew. The others
the GOP county level politicians had gotten arrogant, were feeding at
the trough and had control. I voted for Democrats to get someone to keep
an eye on them, reign them in. This time I will be voting for all Democrats.
And I ended my GOP registration a year ago. I'm so glad I did, my
conscience is clear as I watch the final **** show.

To me, the only thing the current R party has in common with the party from
4 years ago is the name. Who would have thought that a major political
party could be turned upside down so quickly.

Sadly I agree. It's become nothing but the cult of the evil, orange clown.
And as I've said before, I think there is a good chance it's the end.
The GOP has been slowly losing voters versus the Democrats for decades
now. Part of it is demographic trends. Even where they have picked up
voters, among Evangelicals, they are losing. They've pretty much got
all the support from them that they can wring out and the percentage of
Americans who are Evangelicals has been steadily declining. Trump is
driving everyone else away in droves at an accelerating pace. And when
he's gone, what happens then? I don't see them returning to their
principles and values and coalescing around a
reasonable candidate, a Romney, a Kasich, a Larry Hogan, etc. I see
the nasty, divisive BS resuming within the party, with the Trumpets
insisting they want another Trump type. Maybe Don Jr would make them
happy. The wild cards are how far left and crazy the Democrats get
and coming crises for America, eg the rapidly escalating national debt,
how Covid plays out, etc.

Mick Mulvaney said last week that if this election becomes a referendum
on Trump, Trump has a big headwind to get re-elected. My first reaction
was that any re-election with an incumbent is usually a referendum on
them. Second, how can it not be a referendum on Trump? It's always
been Trump, Trump, Trump. Trump makes sure of that, so how can it change
now? I was watching Meet the Press yesterday. At the end, one of the
panelist mentioned Biden. Chuck Todd noted that was only the second time
his name has been mentioned during the hour.

Another big mistake I think is Trump dismissing Biden as some
senile, old man. Trump has set the bar for Biden extremely low. When
they have their first debate, Biden doesn't have to do a great job,
all he has to do is show that he's not senile and can answer questions.
And with all the ammo out there to use against Trump, to get Trump
riled up, to get him to go nuts, I'd say it's very possible, even likely
that the debate will turn out to be a big surprise for Trump and the Trumpets.
The usual circus of insults, lies, and BS may not work anymore,
especially with 200K+ Americans dead and the economy sucking wind.