Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Protective gear for medical workers begins to run low again

On 7/12/2020 5:05 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Our second wave is expected to hit as people go indoors more and
breathe in each other's exhalations more as northern Winter
approaches. The problem is we are still on the first wave.

In NY state apparently shopping malls can only open if they have a
special air filtering system installed.* That struck me as bizarre.
These malls have huge air spaces, even stores like Macy's the ceilings
are very high, lots of open space compared to the number of people
in them.* So why there and not businesses, regular stores,
supermarkets,
apartment buildings, etc?* Most of those have more people in less
air space.

It would be interesting to read about how they came to that
decision. I'm sure gfretwell sees $$$ as a major factor - he might
not be wrong if he does* think that.

Must meet MERV-13 apparently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimu...eporting_value

That sounds better. That is up in the "pleated paper" filter category.
It is more in the area of an N-80/85 mask. (85% of 0.3 microns) Still
not "respirator" territory.

AIOE doesn't allow cancels no matter how quick you are.

I use MERV-13 in my heat/ac at home. House never has dust on furniture.