Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Protective gear for medical workers begins to run low again

pretended :
On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 10:47:22 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

FromTheRafters wrote on 7/11/2020 :
trader_4 formulated the question :
On Friday, July 10, 2020 at 7:10:24 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
Bob F explained :
On 7/10/2020 12:28 PM,
wrote:

I have managed to live a long and fruitful life without ever attending
a political rally, demonstration or convention.
OTOH it is not much different than going to a movie, a sports event or
a make out bar. It is just more politically charged.

We still haven't seen anyone talking about the bloom of cases from the
BLM riots.
Maybe there is something about being outside or maybe tear gas and the
smoke from burning buildings does kill the corona.

Maybe wearing masks and being outside both make a big difference. I have
read that there were not many indications of mass spreading from the
protests. One person said that they had larger spread for a single bar
than protests at the same time.

The less we breathe each other's exhalations, the better. Outside is
better, in a room well ventilated with fresh air is not too bad.
Recirculated air is worse and worse still is a closed crowded room.

Our second wave is expected to hit as people go indoors more and breathe
in each other's exhalations more as northern Winter approaches. The
problem is we are still on the first wave.

In NY state apparently shopping malls can only open if they have a
special air filtering system installed. That struck me as bizarre.
These malls have huge air spaces, even stores like Macy's the ceilings
are very high, lots of open space compared to the number of people
in them. So why there and not businesses, regular stores, supermarkets,
apartment buildings, etc? Most of those have more people in less
air space.

It would be interesting to read about how they came to that decision. I'm
sure gfretwell sees $$$ as a major factor - he might not be wrong if he
does think that.

Must meet MERV-13 apparently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimu...eporting_value

That sounds better. That is up in the "pleated paper" filter category.
It is more in the area of an N-80/85 mask. (85% of 0.3 microns) Still
not "respirator" territory.

AIOE doesn't allow cancels no matter how quick you are.