TURTLE

Default Air Conditioning problem

"noname" wrote in message ...
HVAC IsFun wrote:

An airconditioning system should provide an indoor environment of
approx. 15-20 f lower than the outside temperature at the time 'if' it
is properly sized and functioning correctly. The last poster gave you
a very good way to check the systems effectiveness . Do that, and let us
know. Keep in mind, that, if you have alot of heat generating equipment
in your apartment, then you may have increased the cooling load beyond
what the system is capable of .

So, if its 100f outside best I can hope for is 80?

What I used to get was 70 no problems. What if its 70 outside shouldn't
the air conditon get to 60 or less?

This is Turtle.

Well Dave here is our resident Troll and is not in the hvac business as he states. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Now if everything being the same with a old unit and keeping 72ºF in the place. The new one should do the same thing as the old one.
So you have a problem with the hvac system. The older 7 seer 2 ton and the newer 10 seer 2 ton should do the same thing in the real
world. The old addage of the system will only put out or keep the place 20ºF cooler than the outside temperature is only used in
court cases when a hvac company gets sued and can defend theirself with this but in the real world it is just plain bull****.

When i run a heat load on a home for a new hvac system. I program in the temperature I want to maintain in the home and the system
will be able to hold that temperature that I put in the program.

Now you said you had a compressor burn up on the unit you have but did they check the flow rater or expanion valve for trash after a
few hours of operation or put a LL drier at the evaperator coil by not changing the tubing set.

I think you may have trash in the TXV / Flow rater or a incorrectly charged unit.

You are now watching what we call in the industry a Hack Job. Watch closely for one day you may build your on home and will not want
a hack job done on your home.

TURTLE

---