Doug Miller

Default Good Deal on a Ladder

In article ,
says...
I just bought a Werner MT-17 Multiladder at Costco - it appears to be
exactly the same as the Little Giant Model 17 ladder, which I've seen
on TV. The price for this Werner MT-17 is $219 all over the internet,
but Costco for some reason is selling them today (first time I've seen
them there) for $99...

[snip]

One Caveat - the $99 Werner is made in China, and the equivalent
Little Giant model 17 is made in the USA (and is priced accordingly at
$275-$450)

"Costco for some reason is selling them for $99"... Do you suppose that
"Made in China" might be the reason?

And do you *really* imagine that a $99 made-in-Communist-China ladder is
truly equivalent to a made-in-USA ladder priced at three to four times
that? You can't seriously believe that the quality is the same, can you?