Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Protective gear for medical workers begins to run low again

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 19:10:18 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

Bob F explained :
On 7/10/2020 12:28 PM, wrote:

I have managed to live a long and fruitful life without ever attending
a political rally, demonstration or convention.
OTOH it is not much different than going to a movie, a sports event or
a make out bar. It is just more politically charged.

We still haven't seen anyone talking about the bloom of cases from the
BLM riots.
Maybe there is something about being outside or maybe tear gas and the
smoke from burning buildings does kill the corona.

Maybe wearing masks and being outside both make a big difference. I have
read
that there were not many indications of mass spreading from the
protests. One
person said that they had larger spread for a single bar than protests
at the
same time.

The less we breathe each other's exhalations, the better. Outside is
better, in a room well ventilated with fresh air is not too bad.
Recirculated air is worse and worse still is a closed crowded room.

Our second wave is expected to hit as people go indoors more and
breathe in each other's exhalations more as northern Winter approaches.
The problem is we are still on the first wave.

I don't know where you are from but in most of the country, people
will be indoors. Air conditioning and 90+ degree days assures that.
The few outdoor things that people might be tempted to do are going to
be banned if we continue the lockdowns. (Beaches, pools, golf courses,
boat ramps etc).

I see little difference between winter and summer.

More fool you in the cooler parts of the USA in summer.

We squandered most of the spring outdoor
activity opportunities hiding under the bed.

That is in fact what reduced the infection rate, stupid.