henrib7

Default GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main board failure number #3!

Spoke to GE service at 1-800-437-3783.....( unpublished #)
They offered to replace the board and the evap fan, without admitting
anything was wrong.
The woman was well trained....she never cracked. This company lives in
denial.
They KNOW they have a problem with these WR55X10151 main boards and
the Evaporator panasonic variable speed motor. Instead of being honest
about it and telling their customer,
we'll get this straight one way or another because it's the right
thing to do. This is too important to
pretend it's not happening.

Frankly, I think you could make a reasonable argument that the main
board is integral to the proper functioning of the compressor and
should covered by the five year warranty. Door handles are covered by
the one year warranty....ok, but the refrigeration part should be 5
years.

My confidence is not restored, though I 'm grateful the fridge is
getting parts to be fixed...
Who knows how long this time.

(henrib7) wrote in message . com...
GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord
failure number #3!
GE refrigerators have serious quality control issues.....
This is the freakin 3rd main board which has burned the evaporator fan
resistor...
However, the main logic board part# WR55X10151
which is used on many of their 22 cu ft models keeps burning up the
resistor at R95.......(at the evaporator fan connector) When this
happens, the evaporator fan will not work.
Replaced the board twice now.......and that 2ohm 1watt resistor always
runs very hot.

Replaced the evaporator fan and the main board #2 in Jan 2003.
Now exactly 1.5 years later...here we are again. I could never buy
another GE appliance after this
experience.