Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default 1/2" Preformed Heater Hose?

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 19:23:25 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 7/10/2020 6:33 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, July 10, 2020 at 6:21:01 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
Got a tight fit 90 bend to oil cooler from engine block on little JD
utility tractor. It's 1/2" heater hose; about 6" overall length.

JD shows nobody w/ the original part no in stock; can't find a local
source for a preformed 1/2" hose; regular hose collapses making the bend.

Tried adding an elbow; extra length of the elbow itself too long to make
the corner--the ends of two connections aren't but 1/2" or so from end
of one to centerline of other...

Clare -- any ideas how to preform a chunk or keep from collapsing? I've
never run in to such a tight spot before couldn't manage something...out
of ideas at the moment.

--

Midel of the tractor? Picture? I'm thinking a bypass hose from some
obscure GM car -

IDK how to make a sharp bend, but since this goes to an oil cooler,
I don't think you really want heater hose, you need something rated for
oil. Did you ask the auto parts store what the most flexible hose they
have is for oil? If so, how about a shop that does hydraulic lines
and similar?

This is the water line for the cooler so the heater hose is the material.

The cooler is actually the base of the oil filter; oil all stays inside
it, water runs through a channel inside some (can't see anything except
the inlet/outlets so not really possible to know just what the internal
coolant path is).