PrecisionMachinisT

Default GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord failure number #3!

"henrib7" wrote in message
om...
GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord
failure number #3!
GE refrigerators have serious quality control issues.....
This is the freakin 3rd main board which has burned the evaporator fan
resistor...
However, the main logic board part# WR55X10151
which is used on many of their 22 cu ft models keeps burning up the
resistor at R95.......(at the evaporator fan connector) When this
happens, the evaporator fan will not work.
Replaced the board twice now.......and that 2ohm 1watt resistor always
runs very hot.

Replaced the evaporator fan and the main board #2 in Jan 2003.
Now exactly 1.5 years later...here we are again. I could never buy
another GE appliance after this
experience.

Maybe put a 2 watt resistor onto the board, or a pair of 1 ohm 1 watt in
series.

And make sure the spade is good on the connector, replace it too if needed.

--

SVL