SQLit

Default GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord failure number #3!

"henrib7" wrote in message
om...
GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord
failure number #3!
GE refrigerators have serious quality control issues.....
This is the freakin 3rd main board which has burned the evaporator fan
resistor...
However, the main logic board part# WR55X10151
which is used on many of their 22 cu ft models keeps burning up the
resistor at R95.......(at the evaporator fan connector) When this
happens, the evaporator fan will not work.
Replaced the board twice now.......and that 2ohm 1watt resistor always
runs very hot.

Replaced the evaporator fan and the main board #2 in Jan 2003.
Now exactly 1.5 years later...here we are again. I could never buy
another GE appliance after this
experience.

I went out to buy a new Neptune washer and dryer. The salesman was pushing
for the touch screen model. Novel, the most expensive. As I have worked with
higher tech electronics in the field for 10 years. I immediately went to the
models that had nothing but LED's and push buttons. I do not need to program
in Spanish.
All companies have trouble with the circuit boards. None of the electronics
is made my the appliance company. So If you manage to get into a bad batch/
or poor design your screwed and blued. Heat and quality control are the
biggest problems in the industry.
My ex company produced a $6000.00 meter that the screens went blank. If you
can not see the screen you can not do anything. Spent over a year replacing
them. Get this they never kept records to see where the units went. Only
thing that they knew was they were produced for 7 months, did not even know
the number produced. Seems the plasma screen either leaked, or had to much
gas in it. They changed to LED screen.

Sorry to hear about the problems. I had a Chevy PU once that was a lot
worse.
Sold it with 48k miles, 5 years old. I had installed 5 fuel pumps, 2
electric seat motors, 2 windshield motors, 2 complete sets of injectors, and
2 computers. I bought something else and never looked back.
Ever consider cooling the board (s)? A small fan might help.