Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Wiring up switch w/pilot light.

In article ,
says...

I an not sure I ever said a monkey could get an EC license (I only
remember talking about "home inspectors") but if that monkey can pass
2 or 3, 100 question, multiple guess, open book tests and come up with
the bond and insurance money, they can be an EC here. In some mobbed
up union states up north, the IBEW certifies electricians and it
depends on who you know down at the local hall

This monkey only had to take the North Carolina electrical test 3 times
to pass it. You should hear some of the stories he told on himself of
the things he tried to do and how the 'sorry' inspector turned him down.

I don't know how he made it at work with some of the things he did, but
there were some other electricians in the plant that were just as bad.
Being in the plant we did not need to be licened.

After he retired from the plant, he went to work at a nursing home.
Something was spilled on the floor inside a builden and he used gasoline
to clean it up. That was before someone saw him and fired him for
being that stupid.