Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Wiring up switch w/pilot light.

In article ,
lid says...
Ouch! Was that wired by a pro? Lights and receptacles on the same
breaker?

Yes, the electricians are pros, but Fretwell is fond of saying any monkey
can get a license. I asked them about the wiring because I've had a lot of
electrical issues in the first year and they said that the builder, DR
Horton, wants them to do it that way. Take the 3-car garage, as another
example. A single 20a breaker covers 3 receptacles on the walls, 2
receptacles on the ceiling for the GDOs, a pair of light fixtures on the
driveway and 4 weatherproof receptacles on the exterior of the house. The
GFCI on that circuit was way too twitchy, tripping every week or two for no
reason, so they changed the breaker and it's been better so far. At my last
house, all of that was on 3 breakers rather than one.

I worked with a monkey that had his electrical license.

Around 1972 I moved into a duplex that had 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living
room and bathroom. It had a disconect switch in the kitchen and it had
2 20 amp fuses in it. I don't know how they were wired,but thought that
sure was a small ammount. The apartment was built either just before or
just after WW2. I do not recall which.