CBHVAC

Default Air Conditioning problem

"noname" wrote in message
#4 - Its a 2 ton unit and this apartment is 1540sq ft (1400sqft

livable
space...thats minus the master closet that is sealed and the sealed
utility storage room)

What can I tell these guys to make them make this right?

Have them check the superheat, or subcool, depending on the metering

device
in the evap. IF they have a clue, they will know what that is...there is

chart on all modern units on the access panel to the condensor that will
have the correct chart.

The indoor evap coils is not modern and nothing can be read on it
anymore after 30 years.

Wont matter.
The superheat, subcool, and/or hot gas discharge temps will be on the
OUTDOOR unit. Its new...so there is the information that a tech that has a
clue will need...to get started. In order to properly charge a unit, he
needs to know the wet bulb temp indoors, the indoor ambient, the outdoor
temp, and he can, IF he knows what he is doing, can charge the unit with
nothing but a hose from a jug of refrigerant and a good thermostat, reading
the temp on both lines back to the outdoor unit.
Slapping a manifold on the outdoor unit till he gets above 58.6PSI on the
suction side is WRONG.

I think I am sunk as for as this tard place but I will ask them what you

I know the feeling. I just faxed over a copy of an estimate for taking over
the preventive service on a large company here...we actually DO what we say,
and after spending 4 hours there just looking these units over, its obvious
as hell that the company that was servicing them is a crook. They were
getting $5600 a month..(cheap actually for these units...air filters alone
cost wholesale over $2200) and they look like they have never been touched.
Shame too, since they probably think they are in GREAT shape, and wont like
my estimate of 6200....but hey...in this biz, if you have someone that has a
clue, do you get what you pay for...

said.