Stormin Mormon

Default Air Conditioning problem

Just from what I'm getting here, I'm wondering if there is a
partial restriction of the orifice. This isn't something a
home owner can check -- takes some tools and training. But
it would give those symptoms.

I hope they installed a new filter drier in the liquid
(small) line.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"noname" wrote in message
I might add, that in the case of the OP, I dont think hes

got a design
issue, but either an install, or charge issue.
IF the guy that installed the outdoor unit didnt chck to

see if the evap
coil was mated, or had a correct metering device for the

new unit, nothings
really gonna help that issue till the evap issue is

corrected.
Good money in this case, since no one can tell over the

internet, and Daves
advice of checking delta T is NOT a great way to tell if

you have a charge,
or an installation issue, would be on a bad charge....more

than likely, if
anything, its slightly undercharged, and simply can not

keep up the demand
with a higher load.
But...again...thats pure speculation.

Here is what I am fighting with the maint dept over (all
different
degrees of HVAC certifications).

#1 - When the outside unit was changed the evap coils were
not (they
simply do not change them in any units in the 5 years I have
been here)
yet this complex is 30 years old as was the now defunct
unit.
#2 - the HIGH SIDE (small tube) is not even hardly warm but
the upstairs
unit is.
#3 - the compressor when running has beads of condensation
on top of the
unit (as well as the normal sweat).
#4 - Its a 2 ton unit and this apartment is 1540sq ft
(1400sqft livable
space...thats minus the master closet that is sealed and the
sealed
utility storage room)

What can I tell these guys to make them make this right?

Btw: Thanks for all of this help.