Stormin Mormon

Default How to remove saddle valve

Since you ask the question, plumbing is aparently not your
field.

The valve should turn "to the right" to shut off. Might drip
a little from the copper line. It's OK to cut off the copper
line a foot or so from the valve, and fold the copper line
(tube) shut to stop the leak.

Don't take the screws out and remove the valve -- or you'll
get wet and wish you hadn't.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael Press" wrote in message
I'm removing an old fridge from the basement of my new (to
me) house.
It's got a 1/4" copper water line to supply the icemaker. I
have easy
access to the saddle valve that feeds the line.

What do I do to cut off the water supply to the icemaker
line? Can I
screw the saddle valve all the way in or all the way out to
shut off
the water? Or do I need to replace it with something else?

Thanks,
Michael