Michael Press

Default How to remove saddle valve

I'm removing an old fridge from the basement of my new (to me) house.
It's got a 1/4" copper water line to supply the icemaker. I have easy
access to the saddle valve that feeds the line.

What do I do to cut off the water supply to the icemaker line? Can I
screw the saddle valve all the way in or all the way out to shut off
the water? Or do I need to replace it with something else?

Thanks,
Michael

Colbyt

"Michael Press" wrote in message
I'm removing an old fridge from the basement of my new (to me) house.
It's got a 1/4" copper water line to supply the icemaker. I have easy
access to the saddle valve that feeds the line.

What do I do to cut off the water supply to the icemaker line? Can I
screw the saddle valve all the way in or all the way out to shut off
the water? Or do I need to replace it with something else?

Thanks,
Michael

As H has already posted you should be able to shut the water off by closing
the valve. If you have any problems you can purchase a repair clamp to
cover the hole in the water line after the old valve is removed. In my area
these repair clamps are only legal in exposed locations.

Colbyt

Stormin Mormon

Since you ask the question, plumbing is aparently not your
field.

The valve should turn "to the right" to shut off. Might drip
a little from the copper line. It's OK to cut off the copper
line a foot or so from the valve, and fold the copper line
(tube) shut to stop the leak.

Don't take the screws out and remove the valve -- or you'll
get wet and wish you hadn't.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus