Default How many coats of primer on pre-stained oak?

I've switched from match sticks to toothpicks and now use bamboo
skewers to plug screw holes.I feel the bamboo has better holding
characteristics for screw threads. Ensure the glue has cured to avoid
pulling the plugs out.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:46:32 -0500, John Willis
wrote:

Shape and insert small bits of wood into the holes. Put wood glue on
them first. They will hold. For the small holes from cabinet door
hinge screws I sometimes just use toothpicks. The thick portion. Dab a
little wood glue on it, put it into the hole, install the hinge. It
will hold quite well.