David Moodie

Default Tool for digging grooves in walls

"Martin Angove" wrote in message
In message ,
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

snip
On the subject of SDS channelling chisels, my £24 one from Screwfix just
broke (snapped off in the chuck). It's only had a couple of hours' use,
mainly in plaster but occasionally hitting a stone or a brick. Grrr...
time to get on the phone I think.

Hwyl!

Just as I was about to buy one from Screwfix as well, thanks for the info.
Now that I've had a wee look around I see that I can get what appears to be
the same thing from Buck and Hickman/Farnell. Unfortunately no pic of the
"chasing gouge" at £24.91, but the 75mm spade chisel that I'm really after
comes in at a £20 (plus VAT), compared to £30 from Screwfix.

cheers

David