Joseph Meehan

Default Where to get thermostat for Craftmaster electric water heater?

Rowland wrote:
It's ten years old, it just stopped heating the water, and I'd like to
try to repair it myself before paying a repairman. But where to get
the part in a reasonable time frame? Home Depot says they don't
carry it.

It's a Craftmaster model E1E4ORDO45. If I have to buy a whole new
one, I'd want a plug-in replacement. I don't want to fiddle with
welded copper pipes.

Just for fun how about this idea:

Fact #1 "it just stopped heating the water"
Fact #2 "Where to get thermostat"
Fact #3 ... missing

What is missing is the connection between the water heater not heating
the water and the need for a new thermostat. While a thermostat may be a
cause of the water heater failing, there are lots of others, including
circuit breaker off, heating coils out etc.

If you have not already done it, you need to first determine if it is
the thermostat or you are just wasting your time and money. I would not
list a faulty thermostat as the most common problem.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math