Lost-In-Translation

Default Power surges

Have you ever noticed in FL that right after major surge "problems" seem to
damage all kinds of items in your home . . . next thing you know within a
few days you are getting a mailing from FPL offering to sell you their
"surge protection" insurance?

It's just an oddity that every time we have those problems around here,
those mailers show up. But, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the power
monopoly.

"Dorot29701" wrote in message
We had to replace several small things like DVDs and VCRs after one

particular
very brief (like momentary) power outage and the subsequent surge. I am

in FL
where this happens often. Now all my small stuff and computers are on

surge
suppressers. I checked with power company and they recommend whole house

surge
suppressers and they will install - but the costs is very high.

One of my neighbors is an electrician for county and he said he has a

whole
house ss but had someone (private co) install it and it was cheaper.

It is a neighborhood problem around here.

Dorothy