Lost-In-Translation

Default Power surges

Don't discount the power company either. We found, in our area, that we
were experiencing "meter jumping" which was power surges that made the
meters spin like a whirling dervish for a few seconds!! Sure, it made for
some higher power bills too.

Come to find out, the power company will "surge" the lines as those quick
surges will help burn off small branches that may be laying across wires.
It's a dirty trick, but they do it.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
news
In the fine newsgroup "alt.home.repair", "xrongor"
artfully composed this message within
on 02 Jun 2004:

it seems to me the first thing to do is talk with the neighbors.
take a look at the wire where it connects up on the pole and
find the people connected to the same line as you, as close to
you as possible. if you're the only one, its probably your
wiring. probably somewhere between the panel in the house and
the line coming into the house.

Thank you. I'll do this!

--
Cheryl