Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Ctek clone battery charger button replacement?

T i m wrote:
On 8 Jul 2020 09:18:42 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

snip

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261722185591

Thanks for that.

So was your original switch through hole?

Yes (if you’re referring to its PCB fixing).

Yes, I was, as I saw a repair video that looked like it had a surface
mounted switch.

Easy to replace.

Cool, nothing more rewarding than an excuse to use the powered
desoldering station: ;-)

https://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d00...lug/dp/SD01384

OK, for many many years I used the mechanical sucker type and / or
braid but the mechanical pump is much more gentle on the PCB and
something that I wish I'd got sooner (although I got mine s/h / not
working and fixed it). ;-)

I used braid dipped in flux. That seems to improve its performance. Agree
about suckers. Never had much joy with them.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls