Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default The *nothingburger* is growing exponentially

wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 15:38:16 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 10:36:33 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 12:40:50 -0400, Neil Kelly
wrote:

On 7/6/2020 12:10 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 7/6/2020 7:54 AM, Frank wrote:
On 7/5/2020 2:56 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/5/2020 9:13 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:28:41 +0100, Bod
wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

More testing = more cases.

More cases with fewer sick & dying = more nothing burger.

I'm not sure you're helping your own arguement .. :-)

John T.

EXACTLY!

It is not a nothing burger and it is serious but it is getting
under
control.

Liberal press talks about more cases but since less are dying they
are
mum about that. it does not fit their narrative.

Tell Texas, Florida and Arizona that.
They seem to have significant concerns. Darned Repub states. They
make
such a big deal of a nothingburger.

They did more testing so they discovered more infected people. Duh!

There really are more cases here but they are mostly young people who
are not likely to die. Last week they were on the news talking about
an 18 year old girl who died but they profiled her tonight. She was
about 200 pounds with cancer and an auto immune disease. Not exactly
what they wanted us to think last week.
The representative from both hospital conglomerates (almost a dozen
facilities between them) say the majority of the beds, including the
ICUs are not covid patients., They are those who were ducking other
procedures until the crisis was over. Surprise, it's back ;-)

The strangest thing is the insane mask rules they are pushing. OK you
can go in a bar if it is part of a restaurant. (Outback, Chilis etc).
You need a mask on when you walk in but as soon as you sit down, you
can take it off. If you are walking around holding a drink you don't
need it but if you don't take your drink to the bathroom you have to
put your mask on.
Even assuming all of that makes sense to you, how much are you
handling that filthy mask, right before you eat?

The only way I am wearing a mask is if the business gives me a new one
straight from the box and I am chucking it in the trash on my way out.
My only question is where do I keep that mask while I am eating? On
the table with the food? Yummy.

Only a fool goes to bars or restaurants currently.

Kissy face bars, I agree but I have been in two restaurants
that seemed to be doing pretty good at spacing people out

Its very far from clear that that is actually any use.
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...irus-/12144242

and sanitizing the spaces.

Useless with aerosols and stupid to be taking
the risk with something as trivial as eating
out with so much of the virus around.

No communal menus, condiments or other table litter.

Useless with aerosols and stupid to be taking
the risk with something as trivial as eating
out with so much of the virus around.

And pity about what the kitchen staff put on the food etc.

I felt like it was as safe as carrying food out of that same kitchen.

More fool you with aerosols.

I still have no huge desire to go again tho.

And it would be completely stupid to do that.

It really looks like the bars that are having the problem are the
classic "meet" markets where people go to get close to someone.

That's bull**** too.

The band is loud and you are screaming
in someone's face just to be heard.

It isnt just with those.

At that point you might as well just let them spit in your mouth.

Pity about the aerosols.

I haven't been to that sort of place for 35 years except with
my wife and we tried to avoid the crowd jammed up at the
bar. A quick drink, a spin around the dance floor and out.

Makes no sense to go there at all with this virus around.

Same with barbers.

Stay there quivering under the bed my friend.

I do nothing of the sort because there is no virus here, ****wit.

Keep doing stupid stuff, and hopefully it will kill you very unpleasantly.