Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sidwelle@gmail.com is offline

Default Wiring up switch w/pilot light.

On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 1:30:06 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Wiring up switch w/pilot light...

When wiring up a switch that requires another wire back from the load to attach to the switch to power the pilot-light (illuminated when ON).
Do I have to use #14 wire ? Or can I use something smaller like #20 bell wire as long as the jacket is rated at 600v ?

Any help is appreciated.

No matter how you cut it, I need 4 wires.
I did finally find some 14-2-2 at some big-box stores, but min is 250', I probably only need about 70'. One vendor on Ebay has it in several lengths for about $0.80 / foot w/free shipping.
Should I go looking for a better price ?