Posted to rec.woodworking

Default putting a header for a window

"John Grossbohlin" on Mon, 6
Jul 2020 16:08:34 -0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .

I have two sliding window panels (the remains of an 8 foot wide
five foot high unit. sort of like this
https://www.homedepot.com/p/JELD-WEN-95-5-in-x-47-5-in-V-2500-Series-White-Vinyl-Universal-Reversible-Sliding-Window-with-Fiberglass-Mesh-Screen-Sierra-2VSLD-8040/202035708)

height, and the bench top is at 30 inches. That will provide
ventilation under the bench.)

You will have no ventilation... if you remove the center fixed window there
is no place for the sliding side lights to slide... See the photo in the ad
with the side light open... it slides across the face of the fixed center
window.

I know that. Which is why I have been designing a replacement
frame for the lights (thank you for that term.)

That said, the best you can do is have two fixed windows. If ventilation is
desired you will need to rethink recycling those side lights

I did. Several times. Originally, there was a panel in a fame,
and it could roll /slide back and forth into a pocket in the wall. Rev
2 had one panel fixed, and other sliding in front of it. (Or on the
inside side.)
Rev 3 is to go buy a smaller complete window second hand, and
install that.

--
pyotr filipivich