Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Rocker is Finished

On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 6:29:24 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 5:18:29 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 7/6/2020 5:14 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 4:56:54 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 7/6/2020 11:42 AM, Sonny wrote:
It rocks well, balanced, comfortable, but the seat was too hard, so I made a cushion for it. I like it, may not give it to my brother, after all.
Scroll right for 2 more pics.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Sonny

Very Cool!!!! Got a clue as to how much that thing weighs?

Thanks, Leon. Might weigh 50-7o lbs. I can lift it, but its awkward.. I once made a big bulky swing (heavier than this rocker) out of a split hollow cypress log, so heavy it didn't swing well. This rocker rocks easily. I'll get the bathroom scale and try to weigh it.

As to that swing, I put legs on it for stationary seating, sold for $200 at a garage sale.

Sonny

WOW! much lighter than I suspected. I was thinking 200 lbs. Good Job!.

I was way off. It weighs 92 lbs according to my BR scale.

How did you weigh it? The "proper" method if you can't get it all one scale
is to use multiple scales and add them up. You'd know if it was balanced
side to side too. ;-)