Posted to rec.woodworking

Default putting a header for a window

On Mon, 06 Jul 2020 15:05:17 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 12:24:01 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

DerbyDad03 on Sat, 4 Jul 2020 02:22:00 -0700
(PDT) typed in rec.woodworking the following:

And does that describe typical sheds?

Depends on the county/city. maximum size, or if it has water. Or
how much power. Trust me, as much as I'd like to just wire it to
"good ol boy" standards, SWMBO is of a different mind.

Why would you possibly want to go "good ol boy" when it comes to power?

Because the main difference is I don't have the bond / license. I
have known enough folks who did/do know what they were doing to rewire
their house, and by placing a receptacle where the power from the
street will get plugged in. Thus, the entire house was "an
appliance".
(Likewise I heard the inspectors tell the department head, that if
he hardwires the new lathe, it will cost minimum of 1500 to get it
inspected and signed off on. OTOH, if he has a plug attached to the
wiring so that it just plugs in, the same inspection and certification
is $500.)

That's only one of the problems living in a totalitarian city.

Don't be ridiculous. Any city with dense construction and a history
of catastrophic fires will naturally put in place rules to prevent said
fires from reoccuring.

Bull****. Chicago uses that as an excuse but in fact it's really
union control.

Given modern money driven politics, it's not surprising that purchased
politicians put rules in place to favor their doners, whether big biz
or unions.

We know you're a lefty.