Posted to rec.woodworking

Default putting a header for a window

On Sun, 05 Jul 2020 19:03:16 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

on Sat, 04 Jul 2020 19:57:43 -0400 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 12:24:01 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Dad had an office built for my sister which was "a trailer".
Hitch, Axle, the whole megillah. Thus "removable". That it was
embedded in the concrete deck was a minor issue. I'm figuring "post &
beam" means that it is "portable" (for some values).
(I have this idea to run a steel I-beams crosswise under the
wooden beams, attach a "wheel unit" at each end, and roll it "over
there".. Plan B would make 4 robots to pick up each end of the beam
and "hup, hup, hup!" walk it to "over there". With the proper
modifications, could convert a Shipping Container into a travel
Cottage, and the 'bots could take it off the truck and place it on the
camp site. Vary the Livery on said bots and I have guards / servants
/ minions standing watch. BWahahahaha!)

When I was in college, we owned a mobile home. According to state
law, as long as we kept the hitch and wheels on it, it was considered
personal property not real property, so wasn't taxed. BIG savings at
a time when I had no money. We figured that it averaged $106/mo
(IIRC); a lot less than any apartment in the area (it was a while ago
;-)

I bought a manufactured home. Part of the inspection was recording
that yes, there were no wheels attached.

I assume the property was zoned single family residential. Trailers
are usually barred from such areas (property values and all that).

I lived there for almost 8 years, and sold it "at a loss". But I
no longer had that as a line item in my budget. OTOH, there was no
way I could have found an apartment for $750 a month.

We sold ours at a loss too. Trailers (AKA mobile homes) are next to
worthless, used.