Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rocker is Finished

On 7/6/2020 5:14 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 4:56:54 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 7/6/2020 11:42 AM, Sonny wrote:
It rocks well, balanced, comfortable, but the seat was too hard, so I made a cushion for it. I like it, may not give it to my brother, after all.
Scroll right for 2 more pics.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Sonny

Very Cool!!!! Got a clue as to how much that thing weighs?

Thanks, Leon. Might weigh 50-7o lbs. I can lift it, but its awkward. I once made a big bulky swing (heavier than this rocker) out of a split hollow cypress log, so heavy it didn't swing well. This rocker rocks easily. I'll get the bathroom scale and try to weigh it.

As to that swing, I put legs on it for stationary seating, sold for $200 at a garage sale.

Sonny

WOW! much lighter than I suspected. I was thinking 200 lbs. Good Job!.