Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Virus is is now rising in 40 out of 50 states

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 11:53:16 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 16:33:00 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jul 2020 11:17:21 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/4/2020 10:57 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 04:32:48 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 03 Jul 2020 23:09:00 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 21:48:43 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 18:18:24 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 14:54:05 -0400, micky

wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 03 Jul 2020 13:35:28 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 07:39:10 +0100, Bod
wrote:

Now there are fears hospitals could run out of ICU beds, after
what Dr
Anthony Fauci, the governments top infectious disease expert,
called €śa
very disturbing week€ť.

€śI think its pretty obvious that we are not going in the right
direction,€ť he said.

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...c2951995ec0c88

Then you hear from the chief dickhead:

€śTodays announcement proves that our economy is roaring back,€ť
Mr Trump
told reporters, saying his effort to beat the virus was €śa
historic thing€ť.

We are trying to walk that fine line between flattening the curve
and
national bankruptcy.

You realize, I hope, that flattening the curve was/is only an
intermediate goal. It was a goal at the start so that hospitals
in a
given area don't become overwhelmeed by sick people.

But even with a flat curve (is that a paradox?) there will still
be
people sick with Covid, may as many as will fill all the empty
hospital
beds, inc. the empty ICU beds. And 5% of those people will still
be
dying

The actual goal is to isolate everyone with the virus, to track
down
those they've been in contact with and isolate them, and treat
them all
medically, until the virus stops spreading. (Until someone
infected
comes from a different country or a different part of this
country.)

Too many people think flattening the curve is the best and final
goal.

In a truly free country with virtually open borders like the US,
flattening the curve is really all we can expect.
This is not an island and we have no real way to enforce
quarantines.
What do you think is going to work?
Change your quarantine laws to give them some teeth and allow states
to close their borders. Canada's Maritime provinces closed their
borders. As of this week you can finally move between Nova Scotia,
New
Brunswick, and PEI - but you still can't get in from Quebec - or the
Infected States of America.

OK I suppose we could just scrub off the concept of habeas corpus
from
the constitution. Until then, if the person files a writ, it is up to
the state to prove there is a reason to hold them.
Simply crossing a state line or a border, with proper documentation,
there is no "case of rebellion or invasion" Article One, Section 9,
clause 2.

Habeas corpus relates to the government holding someone. Not the same
as closing a national or state border. not saying there aren't
issues
but it's not that. And the Reps in the Senate still don't understand
that masks work, so it's not likely they'll go stronger than that.

You can close borders, even state borders but if you are confining
someone without due process simply for lawfully crossing a border,m
with no evidence that they are even sick, you are setting a very
dangerous precedent.

Really?

"Under 42 Code of Federal Regulations parts 70 and 71, CDC is authorized
to detain, medically examine, and release persons arriving into the
United States and traveling between states who are suspected of carrying
these communicable diseases.

As part of its federal authority, CDC routinely monitors persons
arriving at U.S. land border crossings and passengers and crew arriving
at U.S. ports of entry for signs or symptoms of communicable diseases.

When alerted about an ill passenger or crew member by the pilot of a
plane or captain of a ship, CDC may detain passengers and crew as
necessary to investigate whether the cause of the illness on board is a
communicable disease."

"If a quarantinable disease is suspected or identified, CDC may issue a
federal isolation or quarantine order.

Public health authorities at the federal, state, local, and tribal
levels may sometimes seek help from police or other law enforcement
officers to enforce a public health order.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Coast Guard officers are
authorized to help enforce federal quarantine orders.

Breaking a federal quarantine order is punishable by fines and
imprisonment.

Federal law allows the conditional release of persons from quarantine if
they comply with medical monitoring and surveillance."

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/about...isolation.html
Thanks - I didn't THINK the US was stupid enough to NOT have a
quarantine system defined in law - but I knew Fretwell was stupid
enough to believe itw was a bad and /or unenforceable concept.

It is still based on someone being infected,

Wrong, as always.

not just that they are crossing a state line.

Wrong, as always.

That is why EVERY time you hear about
a quarantine here it is VOLUNTARY.

Wrong, as always.

The government can ASK you to quarantine and
in most cases the person doesn't really do it.

More bull****.

Sure they say they will stay home, except

for all the "essential" trips they need to take.

More bull****.

Strong talk from someone 12,000 miles away without a ****ing clue.