Posted to rec.woodworking

Default putting a header for a window

on Sat, 04 Jul 2020 10:47:31 -0400 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:

Ours is 108 sq. ft. 9 x 12 OK
10 x 12 = need a building permit.

yep.

I have consensiously^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H studiously avoided bringing
this to officialdom's attention.

Check for other loopholes, as well. One for mar neighbor (we moved,
they didn't ;-) built their shed on a gravel base and raised the wood
floor off the gravel to get around the concrete floor definition of a
"building".

Dad had an office built for my sister which was "a trailer".
Hitch, Axle, the whole megillah. Thus "removable". That it was
embedded in the concrete deck was a minor issue. I'm figuring "post &
beam" means that it is "portable" (for some values).
(I have this idea to run a steel I-beams crosswise under the
wooden beams, attach a "wheel unit" at each end, and roll it "over
there".. Plan B would make 4 robots to pick up each end of the beam
and "hup, hup, hup!" walk it to "over there". With the proper
modifications, could convert a Shipping Container into a travel
Cottage, and the 'bots could take it off the truck and place it on the
camp site. Vary the Livery on said bots and I have guards / servants
/ minions standing watch. BWahahahaha!)
--
pyotr filipivich